#RedTeamFive Open Invitational CTF Details
Start-Date: Nov 5th, 2022 @ 7AM PT / 10AM ET
End-Date: Nov 7th, 2022 @ 12PM PT / 3PM ET
- This invitational CTF will be limited to 1000 Players
- Anyone is eligible to register, regardless of citizenship/country.
- Priority will be given to military and players from FVEY nations.
- Players will begin receiving spot confirmations on October 23rd, 2021.
- Top 5 Players - 1-Year MasterClass Plus ($180 Value), plus
- 1st Place - Custom Oakley Sunglasses ($500 Value)
- 2nd Place - Go Ruck GR1 ($325 Value)
- 3rd Place - TRX Tactical Gym ($250 Value)
- Top 5 Japanese Players - 1-Year HackTheBox VIP ($140 Value) & Limited-Edition Challenge Coin (see above)
- If a Japanese Player places in the Top 10 Overall, we will work with them to find a comparable prize substitution, if desired.
CTF Registration Form
Invitational Rules & Restrictions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PRIZES IN THIS CONTEST. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS EVENT IS OPEN ONLY TO APPLICANTS WHO REGISTER AND HAVE CONFIRMED SPOTS IN THE COMPETITION (See Section 2).
By participating in the 2021 Synack #RedTeamFive Open Invitational CTF, (the “CTF”) sponsored by Synack, Inc., Participants (referred to below as “I” or “me” or the “Participant”), agree to be bound by these General Terms and Conditions (the “Agreement”) as follows:
- General. The CTF is sponsored and administered by Synack, Inc. (“Synack”) located at 1600 Seaport Blvd., Suite #170, Redwood City, CA 94063. Synack expressly reserves the right to exclude any person or entity from participation in the CTF in the exercise of its sole discretion.
- Eligibility. To participate in the CTF, each Participant must register before the event begins and have received a confirmation to gain access to the CTF. You must be 15 years of age or older. Employees, officers and directors of Synack and any company providing technical support for the CTF and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates and their advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies are not eligible to win prizes in the CTF. Immediate family members (parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses) of such individuals are also not eligible to win prizes in the CTF.
This CTF is limited to 1000 participants, and as such, priority spots will be given to players from FVEY nations and/or with military status/backgrounds.
It is your sole responsibility to review your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in this promotion. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Synack disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
- How to Participate. The CTF will include a series of security research challenges in which Participants complete to be eligible to win prizes. During the Contest Period (defined in Section 7 below), the CTF will be held at, and Participants will be able to participate online. Links to challenge details and instructions will be distributed via email at the launch of the CTF and/or posted on Twitter (@SynackRedTeam).
- Winner Selection. Unless otherwise set forth in these terms, Challenges, Challenge results and Submissions will be judged by Synack employee staff or other designated Synack representatives.
All winners are subject to validation by Synack and/or the judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. HackTheBox leaderboards and performance metrics will be used to determine the winners. To be eligible to win, Participants must provide accurate HackTheBox player profile linking information in the registration form above.
- Prizes Unless otherwise provided herein, the following shall be the awarded prizes:
- Top 3 Players (Overall) - 1-Year Burp Professional Suite - License, plus
- Top 10 Players (Overall) - 1-Year HackTheBox VIP - Pass, plus
- Top 25 Players (Overall) - Limited-Edition #RedTeamFive CTF Challenge Coin
Note: All prizes listed above are cumulative, such as a Top 3 Player shall receive all items listed above.
In addition to the Overall Prizes, there are special prizes awarded for our top military players:
- 1st Place - Custom Oakley Sunglasses (up to $500 value)
- 2nd Place - Go Ruck GR1 ($325 value)
- 3rd Place - TRX Tactical Gym ($250 value)
- plus the Top 5 Military Players - 1-Year MasterClass Plus ($180 value)
Note: To be eligible for the Top Military Prizes, players must complete and be willing to verify their military status / history upon request. Top Military Prizes are cumulative to Top Overall Prizes, such that if the top overall player is also the Top Military Player they will receive their earned prizes from both prize pools.
All prizes will be awarded and announced via email and social media (Twitter: @SynackRedTeam) the week of (November 11th). Winners will have 24 hours to respond via either email or social media to claim their prize. If unresponsive, the prize will be awarded to the next inline who will then have 24 hours to confirm. This process will repeat until a winner is confirmed for each prize. EACH WINNER MUST CONFIRM THEIR PRIZE ACCEPTANCE OR RISK PRIZE FORFEITURE.
Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize. All prize details not specified herein will be determined in Synack’s sole discretion.
No transfers, prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, except in Synack’s discretion. Synack reserves the right to substitute the stated prize or portion thereof with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. No more than the stated prize will be awarded.
- Release. By entering THE CTF, each Participant agrees that IN NO EVENT WILL Synack, ITS respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, Contest partners, participating advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns be responsible or liable for, and, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, PARTICIPANT hereby releases THEM from, any and all CLAIMS, ACTIONS, costs, injuries, losses, EXPENSES, damages OR LIABILITY of any kind (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURIES AND/OR DEATH, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND COUNSEL FEES AND COURT COSTS), ARISING, RESULTING, OR DUE, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to THE PRODUCTION, PROMOTION, ADMINISTRATION, EXECUTION OF, OR PARTICIPANT’S participation in the CTF (INCLUDING from Participant’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use, NON-USE or misuse of any prize), the CTF AND/OR CONTEST activity; OR CANCELLATION, MODIFICATION OR RESCHEDULING OF ANY ASPECT OF THE CTF. Synack is not responsible FOR any typographical, printing, technical, human or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the CTF or in the announcement of the prize.
- Contest Period. The CTF may be terminated by Synack at any time, for any or no reason. The CTF is expected to begin at 7:00AM PT on Friday, November 5th, 2021 and end at 12:00PM PT on Sunday, November 7th, 2021.
- Tax. Participant understands that Participant is solely responsible for the payment of any applicable federal, state, local and other taxes and fees imposed as a result of winning a prize, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, and that the value of the prize will be reported to the IRS if necessary.
- Publicity. Participation in the CTF shall constitute and signify Participant’s agreement and consent that Synack and its designees may use Participant’s name, city, state, likeness, and Participant’s submission(s) and/or prize information in connection with the CTF for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Except as expressly provided herein, nothing in the Agreement may be construed as transferring any rights of ownership or license, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, of either party’s products, technology or intellectual property, including but not limited to, such party’s marks.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. Participant certifies and understands that Synack makes no warranties whether express or implied regarding the prizes and that the prizes are provided “as is”. Participant acknowledges and agrees that each Prize is not manufactured or sold by Synack and that possession and use of the prizes is at Participant’s risk.
- Intellectual Property. Participant acknowledges that Synack engages, has engaged and will in the future engage in the development, preparation, production, acquisition and dissemination of applications, programs, technology and other materials (collectively, the “Materials”), including without limitation Materials that are similar or identical to a Submission. Participant also acknowledges that other persons, including employees of Synack, may previously have originated and may hereafter originate Materials that are similar or identical to a Submission. Participant agrees that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by Synack of any such similar or identical Material. Without limitation of the foregoing, Synack may use, without any payment or other obligation whatsoever to any Participant, any part of the Materials, and any idea or concept contained therein, that (a) is similar or identical to, or contains significant elements encompassed in, a concept that is under consideration or in development by Synack before or at the time of entry, (b) is not unique, novel, original, and concrete so as to be entitled to protection under applicable laws, (c) has been made public by anyone at the time of its submission to Synack or otherwise is in the public domain, (d) would be freely usable by a third person if it had not been accepted as a Submission or the subject of any agreement, (e) is not protected by United States copyright law, or (f) is similar or identical to, or contains significant elements encompassed in, an idea, concept or material that is independently created by Synack or any third party. Participant agrees that Synack’s development, preparation, production, acquisition, dissemination and/or exploitation of Materials similar or identical to a Submission or containing features, ideas, material and/or elements similar to or identical with those contained in a Submission shall not entitle any Participant to any compensation or other right or remedy. As an inducement to Synack to accept each Submission for entry into the contest, Participant hereby waives any claim or right of action against Synack or its successors in connection with the Synack’s use of any Materials (or any portions thereof) whether or not such Materials are similar or identical to a Submission or contain any features, ideas, material and/or elements that are similar or identical to those contained in a Submission. Acceptance of a Submission is not an admission by Synack of the novelty or originality of the Submission.
- Additional Contest Rules. Participant authorizes Synack to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Synack is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Synack’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Synack shall not be liable for: late, lost, delayed, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or submissions; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participation in this CTF or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the CTF. Synack disclaims any liability for damage to any electronic device resulting from participating in, or accessing, uploading or downloading information, Synack API(s) in connection with this CTF, and Synack reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the CTF should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Synack's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the CTF. Synack may prohibit certain Participants from participating in the CTF or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that a Participant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the CTF by cheating, unauthorized hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Synack representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CTF MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SYNACK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Assignment. The Participant may not assign or transfer any of its rights under this Agreement to any third person or entity without the consent of Synack.
- Governing law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, and Participant further consents to jurisdiction and venue in the federal courts sitting in Santa Clara County, California. If either Synack or Participant employs attorneys to enforce any rights arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys' fees.